There’s been a bit of radio silence here this summer…
I guess that’s bound to happen when “life gets busy”. And truthfully, it did! We got married! It kind of flew by in one big, beautiful, blur. Looking back, I don’t think there was anything I would have changed. Life – you gave us a pretty awesome day, so I don’t plan on asking too much from you for a while.
And yet, you then delivered again for our amazing trip to California/Hawaii! I am of course one who believes in showing not telling, but I’ve still got 1,000+ photos to get through (+ video!) So while I’m still working on those, I thought I would share some great facts we learned from our trip:
- You can wear wedding bands through airport security (convenient given how difficult it is to get off sometimes. And it won’t set off any alarms)
- The US Navy in San Diego trains military dolphins
- Dire wolves were actually real animals (not just something invented for GoT)
- Koalas have to go through some pretty disgusting things in their life. Ask me some other time (or, you know, Google it if you want)
- Learned a joke! How do you make a Honeymoon salad? — Lettuce alone, no dressing
- The southernmost restaurant in the USA makes a mean turkey sandwich
- Mauna Kea is the tallest (not highest) mountain in the world
- The white sand beaches of Hawaii are made mostly from the poop of parrotfish
All in all, I’d have to say from being 100 feet below the sea, to 10,000 feet in the air, we had an amazing time. I can’t wait to get the photos finished, uploaded, and shared.